EmtroniZian: Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote control using laptop

2 posters

Go down

Remote control using laptop Empty Remote control using laptop

Post  Tronics Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello,
I am trying to control a Rc robot using my laptop. For that I have to send the data via wireless transmitter to the robot end..How can I implement this procedure using laptop?.

Tronics

Back to top Go down

Remote control using laptop Empty Re: Remote control using laptop

Post  busanza Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:39 pm

hi!!! For controlling your robot using laptop, you need two wireless modules with a UART(Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) used in conjonction with RS-232 for communicating to your PC, your Micro-controller board should also have a UART interface.
So on one side, you will have to connect your computer and one of the wireless modules using a RS 232 to UART cable, and on the other side, you should connect the other wireless module with your board.
In the micro-controller program, you should have made some conditions, so as whenever those conditions are satisfied, your motors respond in some way!
For example, if in your program the motor is to move forward whenever the "receive" register of the micro-controller has "f" character. so whenever you press "f" key on in the hyper terminal of your computer, it will be transmitted through the wireless modules, and once the micro-controller receives it, the robot goes forward, and so on.
You should make sure that the micro-controller you are using supports the communication function, that means it should have the transmit and receive register, and all the necessary interupts.
Also, you should make sure your computer has hyper terminal! For windows XP, it is pre-installed, but for other versions of windows, you have to download it from internet .

busanza

Back to top Go down

Post  busanza Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 pm

In my case, I used AVR 128, programming board!!! Soon I will post a tutorial about this, on the link below:
emtronizian.co.in/resources.html

busanza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum